I am volunteering at WordCampDublin 2017 #WCDub
For most of 2017, I have immersed myself into the world of WordPress, the opensource blogging CMS (content management system) from Automattic. And what I have discovered is that the WordPress community is welcoming, encouraging and couldn’t be more helpful.
Like many WordPress ‘students’, I have been mostly self-taught, but by that, I mean using resources available to me (usually freely) via the www…. actually ALWAYS via the internet. [please note that I am intentionally avoiding the depressing subject of rural broadband in Ireland…]
Mostly though, I used a combination of the following:
- The WordPress Codex
- The Complete WordPress Website Business Course from Rob Percival and Gregg Davis (paid)
- YouTube – I am a visual learner and find YouTube great for tutorials in not only WordPress, but HTML, CSS, Js etc etc
- Many many many Facebook groups including Woo commerce and Elegant Theme Divi communities
- WordPress Dublin Meetups
- WordPress Meetup Galway brought to us from Educated Machine who will be making an appearance at #WCDub – I just love Galway – didn’t really need another excuse to visit
- And, of course, the WordPress support community of volunteers
So, I feel this is my opportunity to give something back – it’s a start – no pressure, registrations and hospitality, community bonding 😉 😉 😉
There is a great line up of speakers. View the schedule here.
If you are there, come and say ‘Hi!’, I’d love to shoot the breeze.